Patient and Visitor Guide
If you are not in critical condition, and if time permits, it is best to plan and prepare for your hospital stay with the following simple reminders:
- Prepare your identification cards indicating personal information, such as your current address, phone number, next of kin, and employer. It is best to bring a valid government-issued photo ID.
- Organize your health information—your condition, medical records, as well as your current medications (prescription, over-the-counter, and herbal). Keep this, along with personal information, in an updated list in your wallet so it will be readily available in case of emergencies.
- Plan for your payment arrangements. Bring your insurance documents or medical coverage ID cards, as well as the name and contact number(s) of your doctor(s), whether or not they are practicing at MakatiMed.
- Bring your healthcare cards or insurance coverage forms, as well as any special form(s) or pre-authorization documents such as Letter of Guarantee (LOG) or Letter of Authority (LOA).
- If you are married, bring information about your spouse’s insurance coverage to ensure that you avail yourself of full insurance benefits as his/her dependent.
A reasonable amount is required as initial deposit during a hospital admission at Makati Medical Center. For non-urgent confinement, the deposit is required to be settled upon admission, or, in case of urgent or emergency confinement, as soon as the patient is stable. This will be discussed by MakatiMed’s Admissions and/or Credit & Collection Officers.
Deposits are not required for patients bearing a Letter of Authorization (LOA) or Letter of Guarantee (LOG) issued by the patient’s insurance company, health maintenance organization (HMO), or corporate affiliation as its member, dependent, or beneficiary. If the patient does not have the LOA or LOG at the time of admission, the patient is required to pay the deposit, which will be refunded upon discharge.
As the hospital bill amount increases, the patient will be requested to make additional deposit(s) during the hospital stay.
If the patient decides not to proceed with the inpatient admission, Makati Medical Center will assist the patient in his or her transfer to another hospital of the patient’s choice.
If the patient does not have a preference, and in compliance with government regulations, MakatiMed will transfer the patient to the nearest government hospital.